Marysville Baptist Church
Building Supervisor Schedule & Duties
Updated: May 22nd, 2018
$17 hr for 15 hours per week. Position to begin Monday, August 20th, 2018. The number of required hours may increase as our ministry grows and/or finances allow.
Two weeks Paid Vacation per year. Timing will be determined by what is happening in the life of the church at the requested time wanted for vacation.
Will be responsible to the Board of Management through the Lead Pastor
- Two good cleanings per week (Monday and Saturday). Make sure building is clean on Saturday evening for Sunday morning.
- Check all rooms several days per week to clean and straighten up as the building is used by various groups and ministries throughout the week.
- Bathrooms: Two Good cleanings per week (Monday and Saturday) & check various times throughout the week: ∙ vacuum and scrub floors ∙ Wash mirrors, clean basins and counters, disinfect toilets and showers ∙ Clean stall doors/walls ∙ Check toilet paper supply ∙ Check paper towel supply ∙ Refill liquid hand soap as needed
- Nursery and all Classrooms: Vacuum, scrub floors & dust weekly. Keep all toys, tables and chairs etc. cleaned. Toys need to be disinfected every month and as needed. (nursery and bathroom to be cleaned twice weekly (Monday & Saturday and as needed)
- Kitchen: Wash dishes, wash cupboards & counter tops, sinks, fridges, stoves/ovens, grill, floors, etc.
- Sanctuary: Vacuum and scrub for Sunday morning and other times as needed. Keep sanctuary clutter free. (shampoo/vacuum chair fabric as needed)
- Lobby & Hallways: Vacuum/dry mop and scrub for Sunday morning and as needed.
- Gym: Dry Mop/vacuum floor once a week and as needed. (Scrub every second week and as needed)
- Windows & Sills: Clean throughout the building weekly.
- Walls, baseboards and doors: Clean throughout the building as needed.
- Door knobs/handles: Disinfect weekly throughout the building
- Garbage cans/bags: Empty and clean throughout the week. Garbage is to be taken to the road side on scheduled collection days.
- Furniture: Clean, dust, sanitize all furniture throughout the building on a regular basis (tables, chairs, stands, shelving units, etc.)
- Offices: Clean weekly when convenient for Pastors & Other ministry staff
- Ensure the timely and proper set-up and tear down of facilities equipment (tables, chairs, sound equipment, sports equipment, etc.) for rentals, meetings, special services, conferences, events, etc.).
- Open and lock up for all building rentals. Touch base with rental groups to set up time to meet as well find out what supplies and set up is required by the church. Check throughout building before and after rentals to confirm facilities are left in proper condition.
- Keep supplies ordered, stocked, cleaned and in good working order. (Cleaning supplies/equipment, toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex, kitchen supplies, etc.)
- Operate and keep a close eye on the heating and electrical systems of the facility
- Small repair jobs as time permits and personal abilities allow for.
- Other duties as required and time permits.
- The successful applicant will be in agreement with the beliefs and values in which we hold as a Church
- Above average ability to work in a cooperative, team focused environment
- Must be willing to work flexible hours. Days, evenings and weekends will be required
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with people of all ages
- Attention to detail and the ability to work with limited supervision
- Previous professional experience in a similar role in a public environment would be an asset
- Ability to move heavy items
- Ability to learn and operate the heating and electrical system of the facility.
- Ability to repair minor maintenance jobs
- Although this new position is for a six month trial, the successful candidate will be hired on a three month trial basis with the potential to be hired on a permanent basis.
- Meet with the Lead Pastor & Chairperson of the Board of Management as required.
- Security Clearance will be required (Police Check) and our church safe guarding training.
This is a terrific opportunity to work in a professional, team focused environment. If you have a strong desire to be a major contributor to the success of a vibrant and growing church. If you are up to the challenge of taking ownership and wanting to make a difference, this is an ideal situation.
If this position interests you, please submit your resume by June 17th or until the position is filled. Please submit resume with three references to Pastor Jason Hinsdale or Betty MacWilliam by dropping it off at the church or email at email@example.com
Thank You for your Interest!
Marysville Baptist Church
Board of Management